The Association held its Annual General Meeting in February this year where the existing constitution and its suitability for our present purposes were discussed.
A working group was formed to consider the matters raised and this group reported its findings at an Extraordinary General Meeting held in April 28th .
Minutes of this meeting appear below.
In particular a new Constitution was agreed and an election of Officers held, this latter being an annual requirement of the Constitutions both old and new.
The following are the key points that will guide future progress
1. The newly elected committee are now the trustees and will ensure adherence to our responsibilities as a Charity. Trustees names are recorded in the minutes.
2. A desired consequence of us continuing as a charity is to identify a cause or causes that we can all espouse that will benefit its recipients in a significant way. Such a cause could relate to our Llanelli itself, to a charity of our choice or an educative cause offering bursaries etc. We are open here to ideas from all of you and following this a shortlist will be issued for us all to vote on
3. The date of the next dinner, traditionally held in January, will now be held on October 2nd 2015 at the Stradey
4. Membership has up till now been ill-defined as it depended on a subscription being paid where few records were kept. The position now is that while all who attended either llanelli Grammar or the Graig are eligible to join the Association, actual membership is secured by paying an annual subscription fee that will help build the fund to be used for the causes we decide to adopt. The fee is presently being set at around £10/annum although this is not finalised. Any comments on this would be welcome
5. The new Trustees wish to recognise the contribution of the earlier committee and in particular the President, in keeping the Association going over many years, and will do so by making presentations to them at the upcoming dinner in October
6. Two dinners were held respectively in 2011 and 2012 to commemorate the death of Reginald Isaac a spitfire Pilot who was an Old Boy of the School and the larger group of Old Boys killed in the second world war. There are plaques commemorating these at the Old in Pwll. Another plaque is being prepared to commemorate similarly those Old Boys killed in the first world war.
I like to think that the aggregate experience, academic excellence and contacts we have as a group of several hundred Old Boys we should be able to make an impact on any cause if chosen carefully, as well as meeting up with old friends and acquaintances in October Finally please respond to this rather than ignore it. That way we know you are there and hopefully get to know what you think about what we are hoping to achieve
|Lord Griffiths of Burry Port (1953-1960)|
To read the minutes of the EGM held April 25 2015 click here
To read the newly adopted constitution click here
To read minutes of committee meeting held 12 May 2015 click here
Click here for report and pictures of 2011 centenary dinner